Your dentist is an excellent resource and your partner in maintaining your family’s dental health.
Schedule regular dental exams for your children, even before they reach their first birthday. Your dentist will work to recommend a specific program of brushing, flossing and other preventive measures to teach to your children. When added to regular dental visits and a balanced diet, this will give your child a lifetime of healthy habits.
Questions for your dentist
- Will my child need fluoride supplements?
- What type of toothpaste should my child use?
- How often does my child need to see the pediatric dentist?
- Does my child need dental sealants?
- How can I help prevent tooth decay for my child?